Apartments nearby :
- 600€ Le Marais, fullness and elegance
- 149€ Saint Germain des Prés
- 110€ Saint Germain des Prés Servandoni
- 65€ Paris Republique Square Jules Ferry studio
- 90€ Paris Arts-et-Métiers rue Au Maire
- 50€ Studio Arts-et-Métiers Beaubourg 2
- 90€ Faubourg Porte Saint Denis
- 105€ Pétion Street Voltaire Station Center Paris
- 90€ Paris Republique Square Jules Ferry
- 160€ Saint Germain des Prés Latin
- 65€ Marais Place des Vosges Vieille
The Benedictine Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, just beyond the outskirts of early medieval Paris, was the burial place of Merovingian kings of Neustria. At that time, the Left Bank of Paris was prone to flooding from the Seine, so much of the land could not be built upon and the Abbey stood in the middle of fields, or prés in French, thereby explaining its appellation.
It's always in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, in the 6th district of Paris, that are made and unmade literary reputations, found the highest concentration of art galleries, Guénégaud between the street and the Fine Arts. The "village" has nevertheless seen a proliferation of luxury shops, like the Saint-Sulpice district and N district of Notre-Dame-des-Champs. But it is not nécessiare to go far to find a more peaceful atmosphere after a shopping trip.